Friday, December 18, 2009

Hi there!
Tomorrow we set our feet in studio. Finally, the time has come. I must say I'm a bit nervous, anxious, whatever...everytime I sit behind the drumkit to put down the tracks, for me is as special - VERY special - occasion. It's the time my music turns from something eterial to a material thing, the soul becomes embodied. It's magic, I cannot explain using my fingers on a PC keyboard...
Yesterday I've changed the drumheads to record. I usually play coated heads on the batter side and clear, thin heads on the reso side. It gives me warmth, response and sounds so lively, one can say the drums heard on the record are being played right next door. Errr...someone said "Bonham"? ;)
Working schedule begins at 10 a.m. and goes till the drums are fully recorded. Possibly the percussion parts (timpanies, tambourines, cowbells, gongs, etc) I will do later. I'm trying to focus in the drums only, doing other things would jeopardize all the shit.
That's it. Well be shooting all the session, and then we'll post pics and vidz here.
See you!

Loudest cheers,

L.

*Pessoal, perdão por não ter postado o ultimo também em português. Faltou tempo, sobrou tarefa...mal mesmo! Logo logo reposto.

No comments:

Post a Comment