Thursday, October 8, 2009

In my opinion, one of the most complex parts of the composition process is the one of creating and writing the lyrics. What they should express? Is it possible to talk about love without sounding silly? Is it possible to write about politics without being radical? I've never been a composer, I'm not very good in writing, but I do try sometimes to write something interesting or at least reasonable for those that are going to listen to my songs. Anyway, sometimes I feel weird writing the lyrics someone else is going to sing. What happens if the one performing the lyrics, the singer, is not in tune with your ideas? Imagine you composed something with your soul and your heart and the performance for that is quite a mess in your opinion. Well, I hate to say that, but we have the best lead singer in the world here. It is almost impossible to write something that Mr. Thiago Costa is not able to sing with passion and the feeling you try to express. I think that nowadays LOUD!'s main composer is our drummer, Lizandro Mello. He is the responsible not only for the loudness, but also for the lyrics that Thiago sings. And what about those that have some blanks in their minds? Well, those write some entries for the blog, right? =) Soon I'm going to post some of our lyrics here. That's all for now, guys. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment